1/1 Photo of Delicious Lentil Taco Mix
1 hr 5 mins
I got this recipe from a cooking forum years ago, working my way through my cookbooks, putting my favourites online and came across this. It's very yummy! I've made a couple of mod's. Serving size is estimated, it makes a LOT of taco mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan, when hot, brown the onions.
- 2Add the lentils and then cover with water (will depend on pot size).
- 3Add all other ingrediants and bring to the boil.
- 4Turn heat to low and simmer until the mixture thickens. Add more water if required and stir often so that the mixture doesn't stick to the pan.
- 5Continue checking and stirring for approx 1 hour or until the mixture is the consistancy of cooked oatmeal (or until lentils are tender and tasty!).
- 6Serve with your favourite taco setup.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Lentil Taco Mix
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.7
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 9.0 g