Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A crisp blend of lemony veggies! Great tasting and so easy! I love to add this to my Chinese dishes... it really completes the meal! Originally from a Betty Crocker cookbook.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 stalk celery, cut diagonally into slices
- 3 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 6 ounces fresh snow pea pods (Chinese)
- Heat 10-inch skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add oil; rotate skillet to coat side.
- Add squash, bell pepper, celery and onions; stir-fry about 2 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender.
- Stir in lemon juice, lemon pepper and pea pods; cook and stir about 1 minute or until pea pods are crisp-tender.
Delicious lemon flavor! It makes a very attractive dish. I added was a sprinkle of salt and used sesame oil. DH and I ate a large serving. Served it with mermaidmagic's Spicy Grilled Catfish Spicy Grilled Catfish.
Very pretty, but next time I'll cut the amount of lemon juice in half or only use black pepper instead of lemon pepper-- we found this a bit too rawly acidic for our tastes (sorry!). Thanks for posting.