Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I love this bread. You can also make it with juice and rind from an orange for orange bread. I usually double this recipe.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, beat, and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder & salt add to butter/sugar mixture, alternating with 1/2 cup milk. Add chopped pecans & lemon rind. Pour into a loaf pan. Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour lemon juice over loaf. Then sprinkle 1/4 cup powdered sugar over loaf.
- Let cool and then remove from pan.