Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy recipe for a busy night. I really enjoy this one. I have experimented using other BBQ sauces, but I personally haven't found one that works better than regular flavor Bullseye Brand barbecue sauce. Cooks up thick, rich and saucy. (If I don't have Bullseye, I don't make it.) I found this recipe in a little "bottles and boxes" (recipes using stuff you have in your house)type recipe guide I received free in the mail.
- 1 cup Bulls Eye bold barbecue sauce (regular flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns or 8 rolls, of your choice
- Brown ground beef and drain off fat.
- Add onion, pepper, and BBQ sauce.
- Stir till combined, and simmer over medium heat until hot and bubbly (about 10-15 minutes or so.)
- Serve on buns.
These were very easy and tasted good. They taste *almost* like sloppy joes, but not quite. I'll definitely put these in our regular rotation. Another nice thing about the recipe is that all the ingredients in the recipe are items I always have on hand, so there's no running to the store last minute to get some obscure, expensive ingredient. :)
Very tasty, and easy. I added one cup shredded mozza, then instead of simmering for 15 minutes, I wrapped the filled buns in foil and baked at 350 for about 20 minutes [that way, the buns got a little crusty and warm, which we liked]. I used rather large kaiser-type rolls, and only had enough meat to fill 5 of them, so next time I'll use smaller buns or double the meat.