Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful fruit salad, I make two bowls of this to serve at my BBQ get togethers and everyone loves it! This can be made hours in advance if desired, you may omit some of the fruits but try to use them all. Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by GaylaV
What a terrific fruit salad. It looks gorgeous and tastes even better. I didn't whip my cream so that it was firm but the dressing was still thick, at least it didn't spread over the salad. I wondered if I should have left it out of the fridge for the hour. I really wouldn't complain about the dressing though as it tasted fabulous. Just a reminder not to expect it to drizzle into the salad. I will use this mixture again and again. Thanks for posting your recipe. Made for ZWT5 Hell's Kitchen Angels.
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh hulled strawberries or 1 pint raspberries
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cups seeded watermelon, chunks
- 2 bananas, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup mandarin orange, drained (or use fresh oranges, chopped)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar (icing sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup whipped cream, whipped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, toss the bananas slices in lemon juice to keep from browning.
- In an extra large fancy glass bowl, in a layering effect, place the pineapple, blueberries, HALF of the strawberries, oranges, kiwi fruit, watermelon, and the remaining strawberries or raspberries.
- In a mixer bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in confectioners sugar, and continue beating.
- Add in the lime juice; mix to combine.
- Set the speed to lowest, and add in HALF of the whipped cream; mix until blended.
- Then add in the remaining whipped cream until blended (still on lowest speed).
- Pour the whipped dressing all over the fruit in the bowl, and allow to drizzle inside of bowl.
- Chill for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.