Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is so good....wonderful to serve for a luncheon or a brunch, and easy to make...just unmold and cut into slices, serve with French bread slices (note: plan ahead, this loaf needs to be refrigerated 4 or more hours, overnight is even better, Taken from Southern Living
Top Review by Vallovescooking
I first saw this recipe in Southern Living's Christmas Cookbook. It has been a favorite for years. It makes an impressive appetizer for a party as is or I have also made it into a cheese ball. I double the cream cheese, set aside walnuts, and reduce milk. Mix everything else well. Chill till firm enough to form into a ball and then roll in finely chopped walnuts. Delicious either way. Using fresh parmesan (as opposed to the really dry stuff that comes in a can) makes a real difference in the quality of this recipe.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed (squeeze out any excess moisture)
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley, lightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- French bread, slices on the side
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and milk until smooth; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine spinach, parsley, walnuts, oil, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings; process until smooth, add in Parmesan cheese, and blend thoroughly.
- Line a 7-1/2"x3-1/2" loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Spread 1/3 of cream cheese mixture evenly into the bottom of pan.
- Top with 1/2 of the spinach mixture, spread evenly.
- Repeat layers, ending with the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover, and refrigerate 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Unmold carefully, remove plastic wrap.
- Serve with French bread-- Delicious!