Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
If you the best-tasting and the most perfect rice that you will ever taste, then try this method, and you will have it, I promise. Tip: It must be Korean OR Japanese style white rice in order to achieve this quality, you can find it in any Asian section of your supermarket.
- Rinse the rice under cold running water for several minutes, or until water runs clear (It is very important to do this).
- Transfer cleaned rice to a bowl; cover with more very cold water (not ice water), and let soak for 2-3 hours.
- Drain rice, and transfer to a saucepan.
- Add 3 cups cold water, and bring to a boil; stir once and immediately reduce the heat to very low.
- Cover and steam for 20 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed.
I haven't made it quite like this yet but it sounds very similar to what my Korean mother-in-law used to do. She of course used a rice cooker as do we. The key to her rice & yours is the rinsing at the beginning & the soaking. She only soaked hers for 15-20 minutes before starting the rice cooker.
I dont like this recipe! It is well...plain! It is easy, Oridinary and... I got an F in my cooking class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Easy to follow but I didnt feel like it was amuch different from plain steamed rice- which takes much less time. Went great with the Asian meal I prepared. Thanks!