Prep 17 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar until smooth and glossy.
- Gradually beat in corn syrup and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- If desired, beat in food coloring of your choice. Makes enough frosting for 9-inch layer cake or 9 x 13-inch cake.
My mom made this frosting for us all growing up! I am usually a little leery of putting karo syrup in anything but you won't be disappointed. This icing has an awesome consistency for piping later and tastes wonderful. thanks for sharing it Tonkcats!