Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a yummy jambalaya, a derivative of the Spanish Paella. Love it:)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, green peppers and garlic.
- Sauté for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Stir in the salsa, tomato sauce, rice, thyme, red pepper and a quarter cup of stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans, corn and remaining stock.
- Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes longer or until rice is soft.
- Before serving, add some chopped, freshly roasted or grilled red peppers for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy the most delicious jambalaya!