Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I learned how to make this Buttercream at Culinary School. Delicious!
- 16 ounces sugar
- 8 ounces egg whites
- 20 ounces butter, room temp and cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or whatever flavoring you want)
- Place sugar in a saucepot and put enough water into it to wet sugar. Place in Candy Thermometer. Turn on heat. Do not stir.
- Place egg whites in kitchen aid.
- When sugar mixture starts to boil, start whipping egg whites on medium speed.
- When sugar mixture reaches 240 F, take off heat and slowly add to egg whites.
- Turn up speed.
- When bowl with mixture is cool, start adding butter a little at a time.
- Add flavoring.
- Use or refrigerate.
- To reconstitute from fridge, place in kitchen add and whip until fluffy.