Recipe by pamela t.
My mom gave me this reciped years ago. It is so different from guacamole. Here in west Texas, we get our share of guacamole and this is a welcome change. The flavor of the Italian dressing adds the zing, and the green chilis add a little punch. If you like it hotter, just add one chopped jalapeno. The avocadoes need to be firm enough to chop and not mushy like you want them to be for guacamole. Buy firm, not hard as a rock, avocadoes. Cooking time is for refrigeration. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sheri Lou
Fresh! Flavorful! Fantastic! This is a deliciously addictive way to get your daily serving of vegetables. I used Good Seasons Italian Dressing that I made with Filippo Berio Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil (my favorite for dressings) and Marukan Rice Vineagar. I reduced the recipe for two. Thank you for posting this recipe.
- 6 -8 firm avocados
- 3 -4 roma tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) can pitted black olives
- 1 (12 ounce) bottlezesty Italian dressing (be sure it's the Zesty Italian)
- 3 green onions
- 1 garlic clove
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and seed avocadoes, dice.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Chop green onion.
- Mince garlic.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Stir gently together. Be gentle about this as you don't want to mash the avocado.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours for flavors to develop.
- Serve with tostadas or hefty chips.
- Enjoy all the compliments.
- You may have to take copies of this recipe where ever you serve it.