Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My BF is type 1 diabetic, so I adapted my tride and true apple crisp recipe and wow! You can't even tell! Great for low-carb diets too.feel free to add some finely chopped pecans to both the aplles and the topping. My family doesn't prefer it, but it really adds a nice crunch and balance. I added the reguar full-sugar option as well.
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped small
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (1/2 cup regular brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup (or regular syrup)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend (1/3 cup regular brown sugar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the Filling:.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Place into 6 small ceramic ramekins.
- For topping:.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Blend the butter into the mixture with a fork until it forms pea size lumps. Sprinkle over filling equally.
- Bake crisps for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving. These taste great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! (We use Dreyer's French Vanilla Sugar-Free Ice Cream).