Chef BeeGee's Note:
My BF is type 1 diabetic, so I adapted my tride and true apple crisp recipe and wow! You can't even tell! Great for low-carb diets too.feel free to add some finely chopped pecans to both the aplles and the topping. My family doesn't prefer it, but it really adds a nice crunch and balance. I added the reguar full-sugar option as well.
My Private Note
apple c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped small
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (1/2 cup regular brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup (or regular syrup)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2For the Filling:.
- 3Mix all the ingredients together. Place into 6 small ceramic ramekins.
- 4For topping:.
- 5Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Blend the butter into the mixture with a fork until it forms pea size lumps. Sprinkle over filling equally.
- 6Bake crisps for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving. These taste great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! (We use Dreyer's French Vanilla Sugar-Free Ice Cream).
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Individual Apple Crisps (Carb & Diabetic Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.3
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 201.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free maple syrup