Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simply wonderful!! This is from Anjali Vellody's Foodcourt column of the Weekend magazine. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled,washed and crushed
- 1 whole dried red chili, to taste,crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 spring onion, washed and finely chopped
- 1 chicken breast, washed and chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chestnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken stock powder (I grate the cube of Maggi vegetable stock with onion and use that)
- 2 tablespoons Heinz ketchup (or your favourite brand)
- 4 slices white bread
- Mix the first two ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add the crushed chilli-garlic mixture to it.
- Stir-fry briefly for 5-7 seconds.
- Add spring onion and chicken.
- Stir-fry on high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, chestnuts, chicken stock powder and ketchup.
- Stir-fry until the chicken is cooked well on either side.
- Transfer filling onto a plate.
- Allow to cool.
- Divide the filling into 2 parts.
- Place each portion of filling between 2 slices of bread.
- Then, toast the prepared sandwich in your sandwich toaster.
- Serve hot.
- Enjoy with a tall glass of OJ!
I love this recipe .. so good. I used the filling inside pastry sheets to make patties as an appetizer. They were a hit. I think I used a regular onion instead of spring onions.
Great sandwiches Chari! Took them for my birthday celebration picnic and we really enjoyed them. I did not toast these as carrying them would make the bread soft anyway. Omitted the chilli because I spread some green coriander-chilli chutney on the bread slices to keep them moist. DH, DS, DMIL, DFIL and Dme;) enjoyed them immensely! Thank you! BTW instead of cake I cut your sandwiches :) Fay