Simply wonderful!! This is from Anjali Vellody's Foodcourt column of the Weekend magazine. Hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 clove garlic, peeled,washed and crushed
- 1 whole dried red chili, to taste,crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 spring onion, washed and finely chopped
- 1 chicken breast, washed and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chestnuts (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken stock powder (I grate the cube of Maggi vegetable stock with onion and use that)
- 2 tablespoons Heinz ketchup (or your favourite brand)
- 4 slices white bread
- 1Mix the first two ingredients together in a bowl.
- 2Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- 3Add the crushed chilli-garlic mixture to it.
- 4Stir-fry briefly for 5-7 seconds.
- 5Add spring onion and chicken.
- 6Stir-fry on high heat for 3 minutes.
- 7Add bell pepper, chestnuts, chicken stock powder and ketchup.
- 8Stir-fry until the chicken is cooked well on either side.
- 9Transfer filling onto a plate.
- 10Allow to cool.
- 11Divide the filling into 2 parts.
- 12Place each portion of filling between 2 slices of bread.
- 13Then, toast the prepared sandwich in your sandwich toaster.
- 14Serve hot.
- 15Enjoy with a tall glass of OJ!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Indian Spicy Chicken Sandwich Filling
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.8
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 565.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 20.1 g