Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
My dad, the biggest sweetie(cos he loves sweets too much!) in my house loves pista burfee alot. I love pistachio ice-cream alot;-) Hope you enjoy this! This is from the Foodcourt column, Weekend.
- 3⁄4 can condensed milk
- 150 g cottage cheese
- 150 g khoya (dried milk powder)
- 50 g all-purpose flour (maida)
- 75 g pistachios, finely chopped and powdered in a mixer
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the cottage cheese and khoya till smooth.
- Blend in the condensed milk and flour using a mixer.
- Add powdered pistachios.
- Mix well.
- Transfer to a thick bottomed vessel.
- Cook on slow flame till the mixture becomes thick and forms a ball.
- Pour onto a lightly greased tray (that's been greased with ghee).
- Spread evenly to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cool for 4-5 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store refrigerated in air-tight containers.