This is so creamy and yummy! Adapted from my Cuisinart food processor book.
Make and share this Delicious Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (reserve 1/4 cup liquid)
- 1⁄4 cup tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup reserved garbanzo bean liquid
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, put through a press
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Put beans, tahini paste, lemon juice, bean liquid, cumin, salt and garlic into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse to chop, 10 times, then process 60 seconds; scrape the work bowl.
- With the machine running, add the oil in a slow and steady stream; process until the hummus is smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Allow the hummus to sit for 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to blend. Serve in a shallow bowl, drizzled with a little EVOO if desired.
- Serve with pita chips or wedges and vegetable crudites.
I tagged this one for the ABC Healthy Recipe group. I made it pretty much according to the directions. I did add some roasted red bell pepper because I needed to use them up. I also added some cayenne pepper as we like hummus with a little bite. Served with some pita chips. Yum!