1/1 Photo of Delicious Hummus
This is so creamy and yummy! Adapted from my Cuisinart food processor book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (reserve 1/4 cup liquid)
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup reserved garbanzo bean liquid
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, put through a press
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Put beans, tahini paste, lemon juice, bean liquid, cumin, salt and garlic into the bowl of a food processor.
- 2Pulse to chop, 10 times, then process 60 seconds; scrape the work bowl.
- 3With the machine running, add the oil in a slow and steady stream; process until the hummus is smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- 4Allow the hummus to sit for 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to blend. Serve in a shallow bowl, drizzled with a little EVOO if desired.
- 5Serve with pita chips or wedges and vegetable crudites.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 44
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.1
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 91.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: