1/1 Photo of Delicious Homemade White Bread
I found this recipe on a website, and tried it. This is a basic white loaf of bread. Hope you enjoy as much as I do. Everything is done by hand, but I'm sure that you can use a bread machine. Kitchen Aid, or Bosch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take a huge mixing bowl and add in your water, oil, salt and sugar. Mix well until all sugar and salt are melted. Then add 13 cups of the flour and sprinkle yeast on top. Mix with a wooden spoon until you no longer can and then start kneading by hand adding the last 2 cups of flour gradually. Knead well for about 5- 10 minutes until your dough is smooth and easy to knead. You might have to add a little more flour if your dough is still sticky after kneading for a bit.
- 2When the dough is thoroughly kneaded pour your 2 tbs's of oil into the bottom of your bowl and roll your big ball of kneaded dough around in it coating all sides well. Let dough rise till doubled in size then punch it down and knead it again just a bit to get the air bubbles out. Then divide it into 6 equal portions.
- 3Knead each ball of dough slightly and shape into loaf then place in buttered loaf pans. Then set each pan into your (turned OFF) oven for about 30 minutes, or until they rise nice and big and juicy looking:).
- 4Then take them out of your oven and preheat it to 350°F When your oven is fully heated up return your risen loaves into your hot oven and bake for about 15 minutes! It's as simple as that!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Homemade White Bread
Serving Size: 1 (3617 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1464.7
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3503.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 249.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 33.4 g