Recipe by kindcook
This is one of our family's best recipes ever! It came from my great-grandma who was the best cook in our family. I love it, my family loves it, and we hope you do too!
Top Review by Mary N.
Used this to make homemade creamy chicken and noodles. I also used my KitchenAid mixer with the dough hook to knead the dough and a pizza cutter to cut them up. Didn't even break a sweat it was so easy! I also did not wait for them to dry and just tossed them in my soup. They were very tender and perfect. Thank you so much for posting this!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure flour into bowl; make a well in the center and add egg yolks, whole egg and salt.
- With hands, thoroughly mix egg into flour.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- (Add only enough water to form dough into a ball.).
- Turn dough onto well-floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll dough, 1 part at a time, into paper-thin rectangle, keeping remaining dough covered.
- Roll rectangle around rolling pin; slip out rolling pin.
- Cut dough cross-wise into 1/8-inch strips for narrow noodles and 1/4-inch for wide noodles.
- Shake out strips and place on towel to dry, about 2 hours.
- When dry, break dry strips into smaller pieces.
- Cook in 3 quarts boiling salted water (1 tablespoon salt) (We use chicken broth.) 12 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain thoroughly.