This is one of our family's best recipes ever! It came from my great-grandma who was the best cook in our family. I love it, my family loves it, and we hope you do too!
- Measure flour into bowl; make a well in the center and add egg yolks, whole egg and salt.
- With hands, thoroughly mix egg into flour.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- (Add only enough water to form dough into a ball.).
- Turn dough onto well-floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll dough, 1 part at a time, into paper-thin rectangle, keeping remaining dough covered.
- Roll rectangle around rolling pin; slip out rolling pin.
- Cut dough cross-wise into 1/8-inch strips for narrow noodles and 1/4-inch for wide noodles.
- Shake out strips and place on towel to dry, about 2 hours.
- When dry, break dry strips into smaller pieces.
- Cook in 3 quarts boiling salted water (1 tablespoon salt) (We use chicken broth.) 12 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain thoroughly.