1/14 Photos of Delicious Homemade Egg Noodles
1 hr 12 mins
This is one of our family's best recipes ever! It came from my great-grandma who was the best cook in our family. I love it, my family loves it, and we hope you do too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure flour into bowl; make a well in the center and add egg yolks, whole egg and salt.
- 2With hands, thoroughly mix egg into flour.
- 3Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- 4(Add only enough water to form dough into a ball.).
- 5Turn dough onto well-floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- 6Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- 7Divide dough into 4 equal parts.
- 8Roll dough, 1 part at a time, into paper-thin rectangle, keeping remaining dough covered.
- 9Roll rectangle around rolling pin; slip out rolling pin.
- 10Cut dough cross-wise into 1/8-inch strips for narrow noodles and 1/4-inch for wide noodles.
- 11Shake out strips and place on towel to dry, about 2 hours.
- 12When dry, break dry strips into smaller pieces.
- 13Cook in 3 quarts boiling salted water (1 tablespoon salt) (We use chicken broth.) 12 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- 14Drain thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Homemade Egg Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.9
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 475.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g