Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Yes you *can* make homemade noodles, it is that easy! I make mine on my Kitchen Aid stand mixer, the kneading time takes only about 3 minutes, but these are still wonderful made by hand --- the prepared noodles need about 25-30 drying time before using --- these make the *best* chicken soup! :)
Top Review by Anderson.sara
I really like the recipe, I put in 1/4 c chicken broth, and 1/4 c milk instead of 1/2 c milk. I don't let them dry I put them right in they only need to cook for about 2 minutes depending on thickness.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk (almost room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the flour with salt.
- Add in eggs, milk and soft butter; mix to combine, then knead until smooth (this should take you about 5-6 minutes).
- Cover with a clean tea towel and allow to rest for 10 minutes in the bowl.
- Flour your work surface.
- Place the dough on the surface.
- Using a lightly-floured rolling pin roll out to about 1/8-inch thickness or as thin as possible.
- Using a pizza cutter slice the dough into desired size strips (I do mine about 1/2-inch).
- Allow the strands to air-dry on the counter uncovered before cooking (this should take about 30 minutes or until no longer moist and sticky).
- If not using the noodles right away, toss with a small amount of flour and store covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
- The cooking time for fresh noodles takes much lesss time than dry.