Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 mins
Yes you *can* make homemade noodles, it is that easy! I make mine on my Kitchen Aid stand mixer, the kneading time takes only about 3 minutes, but these are still wonderful made by hand --- the prepared noodles need about 25-30 drying time before using --- these make the *best* chicken soup! :)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk (almost room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- In a large bowl combine the flour with salt.
- Add in eggs, milk and soft butter; mix to combine, then knead until smooth (this should take you about 5-6 minutes).
- Cover with a clean tea towel and allow to rest for 10 minutes in the bowl.
- Flour your work surface.
- Place the dough on the surface.
- Using a lightly-floured rolling pin roll out to about 1/8-inch thickness or as thin as possible.
- Using a pizza cutter slice the dough into desired size strips (I do mine about 1/2-inch).
- Allow the strands to air-dry on the counter uncovered before cooking (this should take about 30 minutes or until no longer moist and sticky).
- If not using the noodles right away, toss with a small amount of flour and store covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
- The cooking time for fresh noodles takes much lesss time than dry.
I really like the recipe, I put in 1/4 c chicken broth, and 1/4 c milk instead of 1/2 c milk. I don't let them dry I put them right in they only need to cook for about 2 minutes depending on thickness.
Thanks for the great recipe. I made these to go in your chicken noodle soup recipe. They turned out really well and were super easy. I used 1 1/2 c AP flour and 1 c whole wheat.
Absolutely my favorite recipe for homemade egg noodles! Very hardy, and so easy to make. Do make sure to flour your board well, as they will be sticky!!!! I spray my pizza cutter with non-stick butter spray and never have a problem with cutting. I made these to go in "goulashy" Beef Stew for the Slow Cooker really delicious! Thank you for another wonderful recipe Kittencal!