Yes you *can* make homemade noodles, it is that easy! I make mine on my Kitchen Aid stand mixer, the kneading time takes only about 3 minutes, but these are still wonderful made by hand --- the prepared noodles need about 25-30 drying time before using --- these make the *best* chicken soup! :)
- In a large bowl combine the flour with salt.
- Add in eggs, milk and soft butter; mix to combine, then knead until smooth (this should take you about 5-6 minutes).
- Cover with a clean tea towel and allow to rest for 10 minutes in the bowl.
- Flour your work surface.
- Place the dough on the surface.
- Using a lightly-floured rolling pin roll out to about 1/8-inch thickness or as thin as possible.
- Using a pizza cutter slice the dough into desired size strips (I do mine about 1/2-inch).
- Allow the strands to air-dry on the counter uncovered before cooking (this should take about 30 minutes or until no longer moist and sticky).
- If not using the noodles right away, toss with a small amount of flour and store covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
- The cooking time for fresh noodles takes much lesss time than dry.
Thanks for the great recipe. I made these to go in your chicken noodle soup recipe. They turned out really well and were super easy. I used 1 1/2 c AP flour and 1 c whole wheat.
Absolutely my favorite recipe for homemade egg noodles! Very hardy, and so easy to make. Do make sure to flour your board well, as they will be sticky!!!! I spray my pizza cutter with non-stick butter spray and never have a problem with cutting. I made these to go in "goulashy" Beef Stew for the Slow Cooker really delicious! Thank you for another wonderful recipe Kittencal!
My family thought these were great! I especially love how hearty they are. However - if you've never worked with making your own pasta before - make sure your table or countertop is well floured when rolling out. You could even go so far as to pick up the dough and flip it over as you are rolling - to ensure it doesn't stick. These cooked up nice and plump and I will be making them often! Thanks for a great recipe! :)