1/2 Photos of Delicious Homemade Dijon Mustard
Why bother with store-bought purchased expensive Dijon mustard when you can make it yourself and it tastes just as good if not better, I know I make it all the time! --- plan well ahead this mustard needs to marinate in the fridge for 2 weeks before using the longer you leave it in the fridge the better it will be!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a non-stick saucepan combine the wine, onion and garlic; heat to boiling, simmer 5 minutes.
- 2Cool, and discard solids.
- 3Add the dry mustard to the cooked liquid, stirring constantly until smooth.
- 4Blend in honey, oil and salt; heat slowly until thickened (keep nose away; fumes are strong!), stirring constantly.
- 5Pour into a glass jar; cool, let sit on counter at room temperature overnight.
- 6Refrigerate for 2-8 weeks to age flavor before using.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Homemade Dijon Mustard
Serving Size: 1 (819 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.4
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2348.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 34.7 g
- Protein 14.5 g