Why bother with store-bought purchased expensive Dijon mustard when you can make it yourself and it tastes just as good if not better, I know I make it all the time! --- plan well ahead this mustard needs to marinate in the fridge for 2 weeks before using the longer you leave it in the fridge the better it will be!
- In a non-stick saucepan combine the wine, onion and garlic; heat to boiling, simmer 5 minutes.
- Cool, and discard solids.
- Add the dry mustard to the cooked liquid, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Blend in honey, oil and salt; heat slowly until thickened (keep nose away; fumes are strong!), stirring constantly.
- Pour into a glass jar; cool, let sit on counter at room temperature overnight.
- Refrigerate for 2-8 weeks to age flavor before using.