This is a very delicious and easy homemade cinnamon rolls recipe, you should try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast (2 and a half tspns)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water, warmed up to 115 degrees
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of melted butter, to brush over the top before baking
for the filling of the cinnamon rolls
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
for the glaze
- 1In a small bowl, combine the warm water and 1 tsp of the granulated sugar, sprinkle the yeast over the top and let it sit for about 4-5 minutes.
- 2In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix the egg, milk, salt, sugar and melted butter. Add 2 cups of the flour and the water, vanilla and yeast mixture, mix until its all incorporated and slowly add about 2 more cups of flour. Turn the speed up to medium and let it mix for about 5 to 7 minutes or until you have a smooth dough.
- 3Oil a large bowl with some vegetable oil and set aside. Take the dough out of the mixer and pull it together with your hands to form a ball. Place it in the oiled bowl and oil the top of the dough with a little vegetable oil. Cover with plastic wrap and place it in a warm spot to rise for about 2 hours.
- 4In a small bow, mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon for the filling, set aside.
- 5When doubled in size, punch the dough down and roll it out onto a floured surface into a 15x9” rectangle. Spread the soft butter over the top and sprinkle evenly over the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Cut into 14 to 16 slices (make sure they are even) and place them cut side down in a well buttered 9x13 baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let put them back into a warm spot to rise for another 1 ½ hours.
- 6Meanwhile preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Once risen, brush them with some melted butter and bake them for about 30 or until golden brown.
- 8While the cinnamon rolls cool for a few minutes make the glaze. Mix all the ingredients of the glaze in a bowl except for the milk, once the cream cheese is all mixed, slowly add the milk until you get a runny glaze consistency. Immediately pour the glaze over the cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Homemade Cinnamon Rolls!
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 272.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 35.0 g
- Protein 6.1 g