Recipe by CorinneElaina
This recipe will knock your socks off! I deperately wanted a chicken salad wrap, but didn't want to use canned chicken, so I came up with this delicious recipe!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons ranch dressing
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water and salt in a large, broad pan. Boil chicken breasts on medium high for 15 minutes on each side. Next, turn off heat and place lid on pan (or cover with tin foil). Let steam for about 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a small saucepan, heat almonds on high until lightly browned (you'll know they're roasted when you can smell them).
- In a large bowl, combine onion, cilantro, almonds, mayonnaise and ranch dressing.
- Once chicken is cooked through, chop into small chunks and add to the mixture in the bowl. Completely combine mixture and split the chicken salad between 4 whole wheat tortillas.