Recipe by Elise and family
These make a great snack or dessert. I keep them in a bowl in the fridge, covered, for about three days, and my family munches one or two when they want a bit of something instead of having a piece of chocolate or a cookie. I adapted the recipe from George Mateljan's World's Healthiest Foods website.
Top Review by haven't the slightest
Excellent recipe. I only used about 1/4 cup of coconut, and I substituted honey for the maple syrup. I also added a bit of water after mixing in the cocoa, because it was so dry. Definitely a keeper, thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup pitted prunes
- 1⁄4 cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop dates and prunes into small pieces, then squish together with a fork (use a sturdy, large bowl).
- Add peanut butter and maple syrup and mix together.
- Add cocoa and mix thoroughly.
- Roll mixture into bite-size pieces and roll in coconut to cover.
- Refrigerate and eat!