Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful brunch recipe that will feed 3-4 people, and can easily be doubled or even tripled! I just purchase the regular ham in one large piece instead of shaved, and chop it for this recipe, or any leftover cooked ham will do. This is wonderful served with warm homemade biscuits.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 green onions, chopped (or to taste, regular yellow onions can be used in place of green)
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 3⁄4 cup hash brown potatoes (uncooked)
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried parsley or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- seasoning salt
- pepper (can use regular salt)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional) or grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a small casserole dish.
- In a small skillet, saute the onions and green bell pepper until soft; set aside.
- In a bowl combine eggs, ham, cheese, hash browns and seasonings.
- Add in the sauteed onions and peppers; mix to combine.
- Transfer to prepared casserole dish (sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese if desired).
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- *NOTE* if desired grated cheddar cheese may be sprinkled on top the last 15 minutes of baking time.
Great egg bake. Everyone loved it. I doubled it to make it in a 9x13 pan. I used 10 eggs and a little extra hashbrowns to make sure it would be enough to fill the pan. I would make it again.