Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I made this just recently and had to post the recipe... this salad is absolutely wonderful! Plan ahead this needs to chill overnight, don't even think about trying this salad before the 24 hour chilling time, I can tell you that this salad takes on a whole different flavor when chilled overnight! Adjust all ingredients to taste, if you like a more creamy salad then double the dressing amounts. Don't omit the beef bouillon granules, it's what makes the dressing!
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 lb cubed ham
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, coarsley chopped
- 15 small sweet gherkins, chopped (reserve 1/2 the juice)
- 10 small cherry tomatoes (can use more or less)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules (I use OXO brand)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente; drain and rinse under cold water, place in a large bowl.
- Add in the cubed ham, bell peppers, onion, chopped sweet pickles; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together mayo, sour cream, beef bouillon granules, vinegar, seasoned salt, pepper, fresh garlic and 1/2 cup reserved sweet pickle juice; add to the pasta mixture and toss well to combine.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover and chill 24 hours to blend flavors.
- Just before serving add in the small whole cherry tomatoes.
- Best if served near room temperature.