1/4 Photos of Delicious Ground Beef Pizza Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
This is not hard to throw together, I make this quite often and my family loves this casserole!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- salt or seasoning salt and pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb pepperoni, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 cups pasta sauce
- 3 -4 cups rigatoni pasta (cooked to firm-tender and drained, do not overcook the pasta)
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 2Cook the gound beef in a medium skillet with the onions, green peppers, garlic, salt pepper until meat is browned and veggies are tender; drain fat, and mix in the Parmesan cheese.
- 3Stir in the 1/2-pound pepperoni (chop this pepperoni to add to the mixture, leave the remaining half pound pepperoni sliced), mushrooms, pasta sauce; stir well until combined; simmer for 20-25 minutes on top of stove.
- 4Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 5Place the cooked rigatoni pasta on the bottom of the greased baking dish.
- 6Sprinkle with 2 cups mozzarella cheese over the pasta.
- 7Layer with pepperoni slices evenly over the cheese.
- 8Top with the ground beef/pasta sauce mixture.
- 9Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven, sprinkle with the remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- 11Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until bubbly.
- 12Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Ground Beef Pizza Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 978.9
- Calories from Fat 570
- Total Fat 63.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.8 g
- Cholesterol 208.1 mg
- Sodium 2499.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 56.4 g