Recipe by CarrieB.
This is easy but so good! You don't have to use cream of chicken and cream of mushroom. Any "cream of" soups would probably work just fine. The vegetables are also easily changed to suit your family's taste.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Quick, easy & tasty dish. Few changes.. I doubled the beef & decreased the pasta abit (8 oz). I used 1 can of chicken soup & sub'd yogurt for the mushroom soup (it helps cut the salt & fat abit) I added 1 chopped jalapeno & only added 1/2 of the salt called for. Also threw in some frozen broccoli & some shredded cheese on top. Very versitile dish & it's a keeper, thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion and celery. Stir to break up meat. Drain.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package. Drain.
- In a 2 1/2-qt. casserole dish, combine the soups, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in the ground beef, macaroni, green pepper and corn.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.