What a great way to enjoy salmon! From the Barefoot Contessa Parties cookbook!
Make and share this Delicious Grilled Salmon Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs fresh salmon fillets
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
For the sauce
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped scallions (white and green parts)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons capers, drained
- 6 fresh white rolls (4-inch round) or 6 brioche bread (4-inch round)
- 1⁄4 lb mesclun or 1⁄4 lb fresh basil leaf
- For the salmon, heat coals in an outdoor grill and brush the top of the grill with oil.
- Rub the outside of the salmon with olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side, or until the salmon is almost cooked through.
- Remove to a plate and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- For the sauce, place the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, basil, dill, scallions, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Process until combined.
- Add the capers and pulse 2 or 3 times.
- To assemble the sandwiches, slice the rolls in 1/2 crosswise.
- Spread a tablespoon of sauce on each cut side.
- On the bottom 1/2, place some mesclun salad and then a piece of salmon.
- Place the top of the roll on the salmon and serve immediately.
- (I like to toast the rolls on the grill too) Enjoy!