1/2 Photos of Delicious Grilled Salmon Sandwiches
What a great way to enjoy salmon! From the Barefoot Contessa Parties cookbook!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the sauce
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped scallions (white and green parts)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1For the salmon, heat coals in an outdoor grill and brush the top of the grill with oil.
- 2Rub the outside of the salmon with olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- 3Grill for 5 minutes on each side, or until the salmon is almost cooked through.
- 4Remove to a plate and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- 5For the sauce, place the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, basil, dill, scallions, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- 6Process until combined.
- 7Add the capers and pulse 2 or 3 times.
- 8To assemble the sandwiches, slice the rolls in 1/2 crosswise.
- 9Spread a tablespoon of sauce on each cut side.
- 10On the bottom 1/2, place some mesclun salad and then a piece of salmon.
- 11Place the top of the roll on the salmon and serve immediately.
- 12(I like to toast the rolls on the grill too) Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Grilled Salmon Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.8
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 810.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar