5 hrs 30 mins
Prawns grilled in buttery chili sauce. This is divine. Do try and marinate for several hours it really brings out the flavour although I have made it immediately it is still delicious. Originally taken out of the Indian delights. Because of its high butter content we always have it on special occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg prawns (try to use queen or big ones always better for grilling)
- 125 g butter (no substitutes)
- 10 ml freshly crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 ml red chili pepper flakes (use more if you like it hotter the original recipe has 10ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 25 ml mayonnaise
- 25 ml chili sauce
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 1Wash and devein prawns but retain the shell. Retaining the shell makes it more tasty. Dry prawns well.
- 2Melt butter and add the garlic to to it; mix well.
- 3Add rest of the ingredients to butter mixture except prawns.
- 4Marinate the prawns in HALF of this marinade for several hours. 2-4hrs is sufficient. (I sometimes add all the sauce if I want it saucy).
- 5Place prawns in oven tray and grill till done on 180°C tossing them at intervals.
- 6Heat the rest of the marinade until thickens into a sauce pour some of the sauce over the grilling prawns and use the rest as a dipping sauce for prawns. Serve hot. Serve with savoury rice and a salad. You can also substitute prawns with shrimp.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Grilled Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 879.4
- Calories from Fat 537
- Total Fat 59.7 g
- Saturated Fat 33.1 g
- Cholesterol 766.6 mg
- Sodium 3636.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 69.8 g