Recipe by gypsysister
Yum bacon...so good! I always seem to have green beans around as of late, so I thought up this little recipe one day. If you wanna go healthy, half the amount of bacon.
Top Review by A Good Thing
Loved the green beans...especially the bacon bits tossed in at the end. I would add more onions next time because the sweet flavor is an added bonus. (: Thanks gypsysister, my 2007 PAC baby.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb green beans
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced thin (may sub yellow onions)
- 1 portabella mushroom, sliced (or 5 baby bellas)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon, remove to drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Add green beans and onions to hot bacon grease (careful it will spatter a bit).
- Let the beans cook until they start to become tender.
- Add mushroom slices, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, sugar, and balsamic to taste.
- Cook until mushrooms become tender. It's ok if the beans are shriveled and brown in spots.