Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yum bacon...so good! I always seem to have green beans around as of late, so I thought up this little recipe one day. If you wanna go healthy, half the amount of bacon.
- Cook bacon, remove to drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Add green beans and onions to hot bacon grease (careful it will spatter a bit).
- Let the beans cook until they start to become tender.
- Add mushroom slices, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, sugar, and balsamic to taste.
- Cook until mushrooms become tender. It's ok if the beans are shriveled and brown in spots.
Loved the green beans...especially the bacon bits tossed in at the end. I would add more onions next time because the sweet flavor is an added bonus. (: Thanks gypsysister, my 2007 PAC baby.