Recipe by Katie
This is a recipe I made for my brother, who has Celiac Disease, so he wouldn't feel different at Easter when the whole family got together. It turned out that everyone loved the trifle and weren't even aware it was Gluten-Free.
Top Review by Chef Lyle
I beg to differ with Chef Freya and do not wish to be combative, however before posting negative information to a public site, we must be diligent to be sure our information is totally factual before posting. "Food Starch and Modified Food Starch: When listed in the ingredient statement of Kraft products, â€œfood starchâ€� and â€œmodified food starchâ€� always refer to corn starch unless stated otherwise. Their ingredient suppliers assure them that the corn starch they use in their products does not contain gluten. If a Kraft product uses food starches from a gluten- containing source, such as wheat starch, the source will always be identified in the ingredient statement." According to the label of Jell-O Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix: Mod. Food Starch is listed, but no allergens are listed, indicating it is from Corn. Kraft is very diligent about any source of Gluten so enjoy this recipe and if you are still Leary, simply donâ€™t use Jell-O brand, use a substitute that has GLUTEN FREE plastered all over the packaging and rate the recipe, not the ingredient. This is a truly delicious GLUTEN FREE desert
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) packages Jell-O chocolate pudding and pie filling or 3 (1 1/2 ounce) packages vegetarian chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) packagekraft Cool Whip Lite
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the Jell-O Pudding in a large bowl following the directions.
- After the pudding is chilled, add a layer of the pudding (about a two inch depth for each layer).
- Next, add a layer of cookies, chopped in quarters or eighths.
- Add Kool Whip to the top of the cookies.
- Repeat steps 2-4.
- Decorate the top with seasonal candies or other decorations of your choice.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for one hour.