1/1 Photo of Delicious Garlic and Tuna Potato Salad
1 hr 5 mins
A family favorite! Not your typical potato salad, that's for sure!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large red potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup garlic mayonnaise (Garlic Mayo (Ali Oli))
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (I like fillet in olive oil)
- 1 (14 ounce) can peas, drained or 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 (14 ounce) can cubed carrots, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, one chopped, one sliced for garnish
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped, reserve some for garnish
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp, reserve some for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped olive, reserve a few for garnish
- 1 cup lettuce, sliced very thinly
- salt and pepper
- 1Boil potatoes, skin on, until cooked through, about 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- 2Allow to cool enough to touch and peel.
- 3Dice potatoes.
- 4In a large bowl, toss in shrimp, tuna, chopped egg and vegetables lightly.
- 5Whisk garlic mayo salt, pepper and vinegar together.
- 6Fold 1/2 cup into salad, a little more if it looks dry.
- 7Spread salad into a shallow dish (I usually use a casserole dish).
- 8Spread remaining garlic mayo over salad, and garnish around the edges with the lettuce, and in the center with reserved ingredients.
- 9Allow to chill in refrigerator while flavors meld.
- 10This can be made a few days before, just garnish the salad the same day, using freshly chopped lettuce.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Garlic and Tuna Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.9
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 91.5 mg
- Sodium 315.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers