Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
A family favorite! Not your typical potato salad, that's for sure!
- 4 large red potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup garlic mayonnaise (Garlic Mayo (Ali Oli))
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (I like fillet in olive oil)
- 1 (14 ounce) can peas, drained or 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 (14 ounce) cancubed carrots, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, one chopped, one sliced for garnish
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped, reserve some for garnish
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, reserve some for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup chopped olive, reserve a few for garnish
- 1 cup lettuce, sliced very thinly
- salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes, skin on, until cooked through, about 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Allow to cool enough to touch and peel.
- Dice potatoes.
- In a large bowl, toss in shrimp, tuna, chopped egg and vegetables lightly.
- Whisk garlic mayo salt, pepper and vinegar together.
- Fold 1/2 cup into salad, a little more if it looks dry.
- Spread salad into a shallow dish (I usually use a casserole dish).
- Spread remaining garlic mayo over salad, and garnish around the edges with the lettuce, and in the center with reserved ingredients.
- Allow to chill in refrigerator while flavors meld.
- This can be made a few days before, just garnish the salad the same day, using freshly chopped lettuce.