Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nothing better than a beautiful fruit salad with cheese. You can add or take away some of the fruit depending on the availability of them. Just a beautiful salad, sure to please. This came from the internet.
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 cups havarti cheese, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Combine fruit and cheese in a large bowl.
- Mix together the orange juice, the oil, honey, and the basil in a small jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour over ther fruit and cheese and toss.
- Tip: you can place the plates in the freezer for a short time before you assemble the salad. Time doesn't include time for the plates are in the freezer.
My recipe (from a cheese company) calls for kiwi fruit as well. This is a KEEPER and I can't wait to make it again for a potluck. I think gouda would be a great sub for the havarti. I used light havarti with good results, but it tasted a bit like swiss which was interesting. Next time I will decrease the amt of OJ and the amt of honey though.
with a few changes to the fruit my DH loved this, I omitted the basil, thanks for another great one Fluffster!