Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are really good cookies, topped off with a glaze. Just make certain to glaze the cookies when still hot. If you do not have any apple juice, then use the same amount of milk instead. The glaze can be doubled if desired. Yield is only estimated, depending on how large the cookies are.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
I just felt like something other than a muffin with my morning cup of tea this week, so I made these cookies...They were absolutely delicious. They were a cakey kind of cookie so it went well with my tea. I forgot to take the pic when I still had all the cookies though....so took it when there were a few left. Mine though required 15 minutes in the oven. What surprised me was I actually made 36 cookies....that never happens to me with cookies or muffins I am always off by some. The only thing I didn't do was put in any nuts. But these were so yummy....Thanks for sharing Kitten.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (can use 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups apples, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons half-and-half cream or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Comine the flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, egg and apple juice; beat until smooth and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add in the flour/baking soda mix to the creamed mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the chopped apples, raisins and nuts (if using) mix until well combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- To make glaze: mix/whisk together all the ingredients until smooth.
- While the cookies are still HOT, spread with glaze.