Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This cheeseatastic quiche is really quick and easy to make and just tastes so good! =) Instead of using the chesses I used, you could also just take any four or even more cheeses that go well together. Just be creative. =)
- 0.5 (250 g) packet phyllo pastry (puff pastry also possible)
- 50 g gouda cheese
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 25 g emmenthaler cheese
- 50 g feta cheese
- 2 onions
- 1 leek
- 200 g whipping cream
- 125 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut onions, leek and feta cheese into small cubes. Grate gouda, emmenthaler and parmesan cheese finely.
- Line a round spring form (aprox. 26 cm diameter) with the phyllo pastry.
- Mix together the eggs, the milk and the cream. Blend in the cheese (best using your hands).
- Pour the mixture into the spring form and bake for about 35 minutes or until the filling has set and is golden-brown.
Delicious! I added some crispy bacon to it too! I served it as a side dish with sirloin steak and roasted red peppers. Made for Potluck tag 2010. This time when I made it I cheated and placed the quiche part of the recipe into a store bought deep dish pie crust! I was surprised when I came to review it that I had made and reviewed in before. I'm still giving it 5 stars in 2012. Made for Veg 'N Swap tag.
Yum! I subbed in shallots and chives for the onion and leek. I added the cheeses as suggested and puff pastry was used for the crust. Delicious. Made for Every Day Holiday Tag. :)
This is a wonderful quiche recipe.. My DH and DS have fallen in love with it and have asked for it to be made again this week.. I did up the ingredients as I made a larger quiche than stated as I wanted extra to take on a picnic the next day. I also used Gruyere instead of Gouda but kept the other cheeses the same. The quiche came out so light and fluffy and was totally delicious. I think I might even try adding some ham in next time. I loved the combination of all the cheeses with the leeks and onoin.. A super simple no fuss recipe that tastes wonderful. My DH and DS said it is one of the best quiches they have eaten. Thanks Lalaloula for a such a fab recipe!!! :)