Recipe by gluten-free-me
Absolutely delicious and light! Tastes just like a regular pumpkin pie, but healthier! Serve with whipped cream or plain.
Top Review by Delicious as it Looks
I thought the flavor of the pumpkin pie was great and it had a nice creamy texture, but I did have a difficult time getting it out of the pie pan and serving it. I used ground cloves instead of nutmeg and that gave me the traditional pumpkin pie flavor I was after. I was a little confused about the butter - is it supposed to be melted or softened? I assumed softened, but after I started mixing it, I realized it would have been better to cream the butter and sugar together first, then add the pumpkin, yogurt, etc. to assure even mixing.
- 2 eggs
- 709.77 ml pumpkin puree
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg or 1.23 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate egg whites from yolks.
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt to egg yolks and whisk.
- Mix egg yolks, vanilla, sugar, butter, pumpkin, spices, and yogurt.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not peaked and fold into the batter til smooth.
- Pour into 1 greased pie dish or cake pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.