Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Absolutely delicious and light! Tastes just like a regular pumpkin pie, but healthier! Serve with whipped cream or plain.
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg or 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- Separate egg whites from yolks.
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt to egg yolks and whisk.
- Mix egg yolks, vanilla, sugar, butter, pumpkin, spices, and yogurt.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not peaked and fold into the batter til smooth.
- Pour into 1 greased pie dish or cake pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
This is delicious and easy to make. I liked the "tang" that the yogurt gives it. Texture is good. I cut recipe in half and baked in a small pie dish and it worked great. Will be making this again, as I love pumpkin pie but don't need the crust. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.