Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are a delicious change from your regular fish dinner, they are great with just about any kind of cooked fish, but I usually make this recipe with canned salmon, because it's fast and already cooked...these are good served as a fish burgers, topped with tartar sauce.
Top Review by Aunty Dotty
Another keeper Kittencal! Made with tinned tuna and bound with breadcrumbs ( from DB's fresh baked loaf - he's a keeper too ; ) ) This was our Sunday night dinner after branding calves. I dusted with flour before frying as I didn't have anything else and it was goood... Served with wasabi mayo and veg. Tops meal thanks!
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 lb cooked fish fillet
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg, lemon juice, onion, mustard, salt, pepper and parsely; toss with fish.
- Add enough cornflake crumbs to bind together.
- Shape fish into cakes.
- Roll each cake in remaining cornflake crumbs to coat the OUTSIDE.
- Melt butter with 1 tbsp oil in frypan.
- Add fish cakes; cook until crisp and browned.
- Transfer to heated platter, or keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
- If desired, recipe can be doubled to feed more people.