1/1 Photo of Delicious Eggless Zucchini Bread
1 hr 20 mins
What can I say, I love bread!!! And this bread is just one of my absolute FAVORITES!!!! Originally this was an experiment I tried about a year ago when I ran out of eggs. I wanted zucchini bread sooooooo badly, but didnt have any eggs around the house. I decided to substitute the eggs with yogurt, and have NEVER made this bread with eggs since.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 2 cups zucchini (shredded or tossed lightly through blender..chopped VERY small. My first time trying this I accident)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease ONLY the bottoms of two loaf pans.
- 2Measure yogurt into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- 3Add sugar and blend until creamy and slightly thick approx 2-3 minutes (I even do this with a whisk as I am without a mixer at this time!).
- 4Add oil and blend through.
- 5Add zucchini and vanilla and stir until mixed through.
- 6Sift flour in a medium bowl and add cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder& soda, and salt to it.
- 7Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients a little at a time.
- 8I like to slowly mix it in with my whisk.
- 9Fold ingredients into each other just until nicely combined.
- 10Pour'batter' into loaf pans, and put into oven.
- 11Bake for 1 hour (60 minutes) and check to see if it is done (knife poked through center should come clean when done).
- 12If it is not done, continue to bake for additional time.
- 13It could take between an hour and an hour and a half to bake completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Eggless Zucchini Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2305.5
- Calories from Fat 769
- Total Fat 85.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 2141.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 363.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 216.8 g
- Protein 25.5 g