Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This sandwich is so good, I make these all the time for my family. Prepare the egg mixture at least 4 hours in advance, cover and chill. All ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste..a tip, if you don't use the complete jar of pimiento, just pop the whole jar into the freezer and save it for the next time. This is also great served on a bed of lettuce leaves with chopped bacon sprinkled on top and all around, for a luncheon or brunch get together, just decorate with tomato wedges all around the plate. This makes 6 sandwiches.
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and cut in half (can use more)
- 9 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 -2 celery rib, finely chopped
- 8 -10 pitted green olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, drained and chopped (I purchase the pimiento in a small jars, it come oil-packed)
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, divided (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 slices sandwich bread
- 12 lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine chopped eggs, about 1/3 cup mayo (or to taste) green onions, celery, olives, pimiento, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper; cover and chill for a minimum of 4 hours.
- To prepare the sandwiches: toast all slices of bread.
- Lightly spread 12 toasted slices of bread with mayo.
- Divide the egg salad between 6 slices of bread.
- Place bacon slices on top of the egg, then lettuce.
- Cover with remaining 6 slices of toasted bread.
- Cut sandwiches diagonally in half, then again making 4 pieces if desired.