Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
An easy and really tasty side dish for all onion lovers (like myself lol!) this recipe can easily be doubled to feed more people. I like to add in a couple tablespoons of mayonnaise for an even more creamier taste! This is SOOOOO good and can also be made with regular onions too!
- 5 -6 vidalia onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar (this will help caramelize the onions)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- 20 crackers, crushed (Ritz or Saltines are fine, can use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the onions.
- In a medium frypan, saute the onions in butter and sugar over medium heat until soft, not browned; remove from heat, and stir in the sour cream, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon half of the onion mixture into the prepared greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Top with remaining onion mixture and crushed crackers.
- Bake, uncovered for 20-25 minutes.