This is a simple salad to put together but big on flavor! --- you can also make this using salad greens mixed with fresh spinach, I just purchase a smaller bag of prewashed spinach for this, prep time does not include washing and drying the fresh spinach, all salad ingredients may be adjusted to taste --- you will love this salad!
- 7 -10 cups fresh Baby Spinach (washed, dried and stems removed, or use as much as desired)
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds (candied almonds are good too!)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (can use more)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (or use raspberry wine vinegar or white wine vinegar)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 -2 tablespoon poppy seed
- In a large bowl toss the spinach with the strawberries and toasted almonds.
- In another small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients, starting with 1/4 cup sugar and adding in more to taste, then pour over the spinach; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the feta over the top of salad.
- Serve immediately.