Refried beans out of the can, while generally okay, aren’t very flavorful. I always spike up the flavor this way, and folks have told me that I have to share the recipe so they can get to it. ;) These beans aren’t the dense, flat refried beans you’re used to. They’re lighter and packed with flavor! Use with any dish that calls for refried beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans or 1 (15 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried ancho chile powder, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, to taste
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- cubed monterey jack cheese (optional) or monterey jack pepper cheese (optional)
- 1Mix all ingredients together and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 2Use in your tostadas, tacos, or any dish that calls for refried beans.
- 3For extra-special beans, you can add cubes of Monterey Jack or Pepperjack cheese, spread it into a lightly oiled or buttered pan, and heat through in a 350 degree F oven before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Easy Refried Beans
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.2
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 531.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g