Recipe by we.come.in.cheese
A creamy, delicious, simple recipe for peanut-butter cookies! These cookies are my favorite cookies! They are delicious! (I found it in an old recipe book my mother had. Smudges of flour had rubbed off the name!)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, room temperature
- 118.29 ml creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 295.73 ml flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the butter until creamy, for about 2 minutes. Add both of the sugars, beat butter and sugar mix for two more minutes. Then mix in the peanut butter and egg. Mix together all the dry ingredients including: flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar butter mixture.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least three hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit*.
- Shape dough into balls that are one inch and one-fourth wide and long. Place about three inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet. Flatten in criss-cross patterns with a fork. Place in oven.
- Bake cookies till they are a light brown (nine to ten minutes*). Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes then transfer to rack to cool completely. *For chewier cookies bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for fifteen minutes.