Prep 3 hrs 23 mins
Cook 10 mins
A creamy, delicious, simple recipe for peanut-butter cookies! These cookies are my favorite cookies! They are delicious! (I found it in an old recipe book my mother had. Smudges of flour had rubbed off the name!)
- Beat the butter until creamy, for about 2 minutes. Add both of the sugars, beat butter and sugar mix for two more minutes. Then mix in the peanut butter and egg. Mix together all the dry ingredients including: flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar butter mixture.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least three hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit*.
- Shape dough into balls that are one inch and one-fourth wide and long. Place about three inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet. Flatten in criss-cross patterns with a fork. Place in oven.
- Bake cookies till they are a light brown (nine to ten minutes*). Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes then transfer to rack to cool completely. *For chewier cookies bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for fifteen minutes.
Easy peanut butter cookie recipe....I did add a tsp. of vanilla extract. The dough is a breeze to work with! Made for PAC Fall 2012
Easy and tasty. Made for PAC Fall 2012.
These are fantastic! I followed the baking directions for chewier cookies and they were perfect. I used some special "gourmet" peanut butter that has chocolate, honey, and vanilla in it because I thought it would make fantastic peanut butter cookies - and I was right! Thanks so much for sharing!