Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy but showy dish that is a total crowd pleaser! Who knew something so rustic, deep and authentic could be so easy? ** Please ignore those INSANE nutrition facts, that cannot be right! **
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons pecorino romano cheese, grated
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Cook spaghetti to very al dente (should be slightly more undercooked than usual as it will be reheated in the sauce later). Drain, and set aside.
- To the empty pasta pot, add the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and anchovy paste. Heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally until garlic starts to sizzle and anchovy paste begins to melt into the oil. Add the olives and capers, stirring occasionally until heated through and fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and stir, allowing them to heat through. Add the basil, oregano, Pecorino, and freshly cracked black pepper. Stir to combine and let simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the reserved pasta, toss to heat-through, and serve with additional grated cheese. Then enjoy an authentic Italian meal!
We loved it! Very good and easy to make! Thanks for the recipe!