Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a surprisingly delicious overnight no cook oatmeal. I was very hesitant at first because I am picky about my oatmeal but when we tried this in the morning we ate it all!! SOoo good! I never wanted to forget how to make it again so decided to post.
- 2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (you can use almonds or pecans)
- 1 tart green apple, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces yogurt, of desired flavor plain vanilla works perfect
- 1 cup fresh raspberry (or other berries)
- Stir together oats,milk,apple juice,honey and cinnamon.
- Cover and chill overnight or until oats are soft -- at least 6 hours.
- Stir in nuts.
- To serve, spoon into dishes and top with apple slices, yogurt and raspberries or leave in one large bowl and put toppings on.
I'm crazy for this! I added the yogurt to the mix plus a couple of teaspoons chia seeds. It's economical, which is today's answer to my daily prayer to Our Lady of Perpetual Savings.
Wonderful new way to enjoy oatmeal, & that we both did, for sure! I pretty much followed the recipe, although at the end, I did use some frozen mixed berries that I thawed! We had an overnight guest, & this worked out great for the 3 of us! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]